> On 18 Sep 2017, at 19:20, Jordan Rose <jordan_r...@apple.com> wrote:
>
> That's pretty much the same as this proposal except you don't have the new
> keyword. I'm not sure why that really makes a difference, since they're
> obviously paired, and it would limit existing libraries from declaring
> exhaustive enums until they've moved entirely to Swift 5 mode. I think the
> current proposal makes sense as is.

The difference is that it reduces the keyword soup and removes a keyword that
will be the default behavior enums have in Swift 5. If we follow the same
reasoning, why don’t we have nonfinal, @nonescaping, @nonDiscardableResult? Is
it really worth adding a keyword only to support libraries while they
transition to Swift 5?