Thanks for taking a look!

> On Oct 2, 2017, at 2:19 PM, Nevin Brackett-Rozinsky
> <nevin.brackettrozin...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I am hugely in favor of an @inlinable attribute, and I look forward to its
> arrival with relish!
>
> Some feedback:
>
> 1. I think “inlinable” is the right spelling: it indicates that something is
> *able* to be inlined.

Yeah, it seems this is the spelling we’re going to go with.

> 2. If I want to pass an @inlinable function as an argument (say, to map or
> filter) can I do so directly or must I use a closure which calls the
> inlinable function?

You can pass it directly. From the viewpoint of code that uses an inlinable
function, it behaves exactly the same as one that does not have the attribute.

> 3. Even though @inlinable will have no effect on declarations which are not
> public, we should still allow it to be placed there. That way when the access
> level is later changed to be public, the attribute is already where it should
> be. This is similar to why we permit, eg., members of an internal type to be
> declared public, which was discussed and decided previously on Swift
> Evolution.

This is an interesting point. Do you think the attribute should be completely
ignored, or should the restrictions on references to non-public things, etc
still be enforced?

Slava