> On Oct 9, 2017, at 9:02 AM, Dave DeLong via swift-evolution
> <swift-evolution@swift.org> wrote:
>
> Oooo, I really like this.
>
> It also brings up an interesting point on the whole async discussion. Doesn’t
> the async apply to the return value and not the other stuff?

No, the whole function including any side effects gets executed asynchronously.
"Pure" functions could (sorta) be regarded as only having the "async" apply to
the return value, but that mental model is incorrect and it only gives the
right "answer" as a consequence of the function being pure.

At least, if I understand things correctly.

- Dave Sweeris