> On 24 Oct 2017, at 18:11, Félix Cloutier <felixclout...@icloud.com> wrote:
>
> Could you do a conditional typealias?

I don’t *think* so. In the case of OpenSSL the #define you want to use is
OPENSSL_VERSION_NUMBER, which is defined in an OpenSSL header file. As far as I
know, the Swift compiler does not see #defines from C header files when
compiling Swift code (some experimenting suggests that this is still true,
though I am not *certain* of that).

That would mean we’d have to pass this as a build flag with -D, which doesn’t
really work with distribution via SwiftPM, and also would require that users
know that this flag needs to be passed for newer OpenSSLs.

Cory