> On Nov 9, 2017, at 11:35 AM, Tino Heth <2...@gmx.de> wrote:
>

>> This proposal only proposes renaming the “filterNonesAndMap” variant (though
>> that name is misleading, it would be “filterNonesAfterMapping” if anything);
>> the other uses of flatMap will remain unchanged.
> … then it should be really right: As I learned in the thread, there is a map
> step before filter, and another map afterwards - so
> „filterNonesAfterMappingAndMap“ (that’s why I don’t like the use of the term
> „filter“ here — if you want an accurate name that contains this verb, it gets
> quite complicated…)

But obviously “filterNonesAfterMappingAndMap” is not a name we’re going to end
up with. You can argue that “filterMap” is not completely faithful to the
internal implementation, but I think it’s clearly better than “flatMap” in this
case, which is even more incorrect. I’m not opposed to finding a better name
than “filterMap”, but so far I haven’t seen one.

-BJ