> On Nov 27, 2017, at 3:38 PM, Matthew Johnson via swift-evolution
> <swift-evolution@swift.org> wrote:
>
> You are effectively proposing that in this very narrow case we perform
> overload resolution on a symbol in a generic type context *after* the generic
> type has been replaced with a concrete type.

Keep in mind that in general, this would require runtime support — we don’t
always know the concrete substitution for a generic parameter at compile time,
especially in the presence of separate compilation (but even without, for
instance when optimizations are not enabled or unable to recover concrete type
information).

Slava