I think this thread derailed quite a bit — it might have even been a good thing
that some discussion accidentally went off-list ;-)

Personally, I think it's nice if tuples and structs would converge more, so
that either struct is seen as an extension of the tuple-concept, or tuple is
considered to be an (restricted) anonymous struct.
E.g.

struct StructPoint {
        let x: Float
        let y: Float
}

typealias TuplePoint = (x: Float, y: Float)

would more or less have the same abilities (allowing extensions and
protocol-conformance).
Constructors for tuples would afaics be easy, and maybe it would even be
possible to initialize some structs from tuple-literals.