> On Nov 26, 2017, at 9:21 PM, John McCall <rjmcc...@apple.com> wrote:
>

>> On Nov 22, 2017, at 1:08 PM, Douglas Gregor via swift-evolution
>>

>> Sent from my iPhone
>>
>> On Nov 22, 2017, at 9:48 AM, Chris Lattner <clatt...@nondot.org
>> <mailto:clatt...@nondot.org>> wrote:
>>
>>> IMO this is obvious and you should put it in.
>>>
>>> The process serves a purpose: to ensure the evolution of the language is
>>> going in the right place, both directionally in an details.  It is obvious
>>> that we’re going to take this, and the details are clear, therefore doing
>>> an evolution cycle for this would just waste everyone’s time.
>>
>> I’ve been leaning this way as well. We can treat this small addition as an
>> amendment to SE-0143 so the change is documented appropriately.
>
> Agreed.  I think bringing it up here and letting it "pass by acclamation" is
> the appropriate process; doing a separate proposal would be a waste.

To close the loop here, the core team has agreed to this as an amendment to
SE-0143, and the changed has been merged here:

        https://github.com/apple/swift-evolution/pull/769

and we’ve merged the change into the Swift standard library for Swift 4.1, here:

        https://github.com/apple/swift/pull/13046

        - Doug