Hi Doug,

> On Nov 30, 2017, at 4:28 PM, Douglas Gregor via swift-evolution
> <swift-evolution@swift.org> wrote:
>
> I think this approach is more predictable and more implementable than the
> current model. I’m curious whether the above makes sense to someone other
> than me, and whether it covers existing use cases well enough. Thoughts?

I don’t have a lot to add here, except to say: Yes, this makes sense to me, and
is much easier to reason about. The three new rough rules covers all of the
Swift protocol code I can think of that I’ve written, and seems complete for
any reasonable set of thought experiments I’ve come up with so far.

Thanks!
        - Greg