> On Dec 19, 2017, at 3:31 PM, Kevin Ballard via swift-evolution
> <swift-evolution@swift.org> wrote:
>
> So I guess I’m saying, I want more thought put on the topic of whether enums
> defined in Swift should actually default to non-exhaustive, and I’m now
> leaning towards the idea that they should remain exhaustive (but Obj-C enums
> will still default to non-exhaustive).

This would introduce an inconsistency between enums and structs. Structs will
not be fixed-contents by default (there’s a proposal coming for that), which
means you will be able to add stored properties after the fact. For this reason
it makes more sense to me to also make enums non-exhaustive by default so that
new cases can be added.

Slava