> On Dec 21, 2017, at 10:02 AM, Dave DeLong via swift-evolution
> <swift-evolution@swift.org> wrote:
>
> I would love to see some sort of formal API versioning that we could do
> instead in libraries, along with easy runtime support for checking the linked
> version of libraries, making it easy to strategize implementations based on
> version, etc.

This feature would have to be applied not only to switching on enums, but to
*every* operation on a resilient value. In practice, I think it generalizes to
one of:

        1. Pass a linked-against version number to every resilient call.

        2. Have a way to fetch a substitute witness table for a given module
version.

Either one of these seems like a tall order.

--
Brent Royal-Gordon
Architechies