> On Jan 8, 2018, at 11:02 AM, Robert Widmann via swift-evolution
> <swift-evolution@swift.org> wrote:
>
> As you note, integral types and Bool and some enums that fall outside the
> scope of the synthesis requirements fit this mold quite nicely.  We do not
> include them in the proposal partially to keep things simple, partially
> because we’d be stepping on Range’s toes, and partially because synthesis for
> structs is tricky in the general case.  If deemed particularly useful in the
> future, these conformance can be added.

For what it's worth, I *might* introduce a follow-up proposal with conformances
for Bool and Optional. Their straightforwardness and utility make them very
tempting.

(The only questions are whether `false` and `nil` should be first or last. But
if the default isn't right for your use case, you can always make your own
static property instead of using the standard library's.)

--
Brent Royal-Gordon
Architechies