Swifters:
        I’m one of the two maintainers for the Alamofire networking library.
We’re in the process of porting Alamofire to Linux but have run into a major
issue. We’re looking for feedback on our GitHub issue here:
https://github.com/Alamofire/Alamofire/issues/1935
<https://github.com/Alamofire/Alamofire/issues/1935>. Our issue is that the
Security framework that provides SecTrust, SecCertificate, etc. does not exist
for Linux. Alamofire uses this framework to provide certificate pinning and
other security related settings through our ServerTrustPolicy type. Without it,
Alamofire would have to rely solely on the security provided by URLSession. So
we’ve opened the afore linked GitHub issue to discuss what the community wants
to do going forward. Frankly, without an official solution provided with Swift,
we’re likely going to have to refactor Alamofire to decouple the
ServerTrustPolicy from our SessionManager and ship Alamofire on Linux without
certificate validation. However, we’d like to gather input from the community
first. So if anyone would like to add input, please comment on the GitHub issue
so we can make a plan to finally bring Alamofire to Linux.

Jon Shier