Dear all,

after several weeks of testing release candidates, I am now very
pleased to announce the availability of the first IkeWiki 2.0 stable
release. Major changes compared to previous release candidates are
considerable UI improvements and improved performance and reliability
of the system. This release should now be stable and usable enough for
most production uses, i.e. no major issues should be left. In case you
should encounter - against all odds :-) - further errors, please feel
free to report them to us.:-)

IkeWiki 2.0 is available at the IkeWiki homepage
(http://ikewiki.salzburgresearch.at
) or directly at the SourceForge download area at
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=152266

The project website has already been upgraded; the demo installation
at http://ikewiki-demo.salzburgresearch.at:8080 is still running one
of the latest release candidates and will be updated in the next days.
IkeWiki now comes with extensive documentation on installation, usage,
and development; the documentation can also directly be accessed on
the IkeWiki homepage at http://ikewiki.salzburgresearch.at/?title=help:Contents

Note that from now on, IkeWiki will be further developed as part of
the KIWI project funded as project no 211932 by the 7th Framework
Programme of the European Union. KIWI has just startet 5 days ago and
will run for three years. The research and development focus is on
reasoning, information extraction, and personalisation in IkeWiki. In
the coming months and years, expect to see many significant and
amazing changes in IkeWiki!

Greetings,

--
Sebastian

| Dr. Sebastian Schaffert          [EMAIL PROTECTED]
| Salzburg Research Forschungsgesellschaft  http://www.salzburgresearch.at
| Knowledge Based Information Systems                     +43 662 2288
423
| Jakob-Haringer Strasse 5/II
| A-5020 Salzburg
PGP Key fingerprint =
        13 1D 2E 4F 20 3E C9 1F  4C 57 52 87 8A 80 48 4D  F5 E9 97 EC