Two remarks about the new release: a clarification and, alas, a bug.

* It was pointed out that the update instructions [1] are not completely
clear: there are upgrade instructions for upgrading to 1.12, and there are
general instructions for upgrade/repair. Please follow the former since they
are specific to the case where the storage backend changed (as in 1.12). The
other generic instructions are also OK but your wiki will experience a short
time during update when queries will return incomplete results.

In general, the special instructions for some release are always to be
preferred over the generic "repair" instructions. The INSTALL in future
versions will clarify this better.

* The initial file release used the old store as the default setting. This is
fixed now (in all places where SMW1.2 is found). The only file that changed
is SMW_Settings.php [2]. If you upgraded/installed already, you should update
that file (or just download again all files, if preferred) and follow the
instructions for install/upgrade again.

It is good to see that SMW 1.12 now experiences much more testing than the
development version. If further problems occur, we will release a proper
follow-up SMW 1.12.1 to solve them. So please let us (or the list) know about
any troubles you encounter.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Markus

[1] http://semantic-mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:Installation