I agree with Tobias' distinction between the two different types of semantic
wikis.  I work for a company that also produces what we consider to be a
semantic wiki, but we have no notion of annotations in the SMW-sense.
According to Tobias' suggested criterion:

> - non-formal content enriched with semantic annotations (here the
> SWikiFeat-properties make sense)

- formal (i.e. semantic) content, possibly enriched with non-formal
> annotations (here the

SWikiFeat-properties don't make sense)

we would fall into the second category.

In this category, a few relevant criterion might be:
- read/write abilities vs. read only of semantic content
- permission model
- import/export of semantic content, both ontology and instance data
- SPARQL endpoint or not
- visualization styles for semantic content

These are just the first things came to mind.  Hopefully they are general
enough for most semantic wikis in which the wiki portion is used
to enrich the semantic content, but they may be more specific to my product
than I realize.  I'd be glad to update the wiki if you like.

Mike Lang

> Another criterion could be the conceptual level where the semantics are
> applied:
>

> - domain level (semantic information about the domain itself)

- meta level (semantic information about authors, versions, etc.)

- both

--
Revelytix, Inc.

phone: 410-584-0009 (office)