Hi Alexander,

> > I found a problem in DefaultDesktopPane. Dragging in fast mode does not
> > work correctly (at least not on all platforms) if the pane is obscured
> > by another heavyweight. Graphics.copyArea() isn't guaranteed to work
> > correctly in this case.
>
> This looks like a bug to me,
> could you please provide a small test case to illustrate this problem
> with Graphics.copyArea()?

I don't know if it's actually reproducable with X11 or Windows (I think
it's reproducable with _some_ X implementation, just not with X.org).
But this behaviour is actually specified:

<<If a portion of the source rectangle lies outside the bounds of the
component, or is obscured by another window or component, copyArea will
be unable to copy the associated pixels.>>

This means we cannot rely on copyArea to copy pixels that are obscured
by some other window, even if it works (more or less by good luck) on
some system. And I think we do something similar already in JViewport.
So it only makes sense to do it here too, no?

/Roman

--
Dipl.-Inform. (FH) Roman Kennke, Software Engineer, http://kennke.org
aicas Allerton Interworks Computer Automated Systems GmbH