Hi Charles,

-------- Original Message --------
Subject:        The file list in JFileChooser does not have an accessible name.
Date:   Thu, 24 Mar 2011 17:23:25 +0800
From: Charles Lee <litt...@linux.vnet.ibm.com> <mailto:litt...@linux.vnet.ibm.com> To: swing-dev@openjdk.java.net <mailto:swing-dev@openjdk.java.net>, litt...@linux.vnet.ibm.com <mailto:litt...@linux.vnet.ibm.com>

Hi guys,

Start the SwingSet2.jar along with a accessibility tools (Scout), click
the JFileChooser and Show Plain JFileChooser, we will see an open
windows with file list inside. The file list does not have Name and
Description [1]. With a patch [2] attached, the name and description
will show as File List [3].

[1] NoDescriptionName.png (attached)
[2] patch (attached)
[3] WithDescriptionName.png (attached)

I filed bug 7032018 (The file list in JFileChooser does not have an accessible name). It's not accessible on bugs.sun.com now, I believe because of "Some bugs don't show up in the database for some time because of delays in processing."

Thanks, Pavel