I would like to raise awareness of bug JDK-5108458
<https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-5108458> (from 2004), similar to
JDK-4514643 <https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-4514643> (from 2001).

In a nutshell, the bug affects the layout of the table body when the table has
RTL orientation and the columns do not fill the width of the table.
JTableHeader correctly determines the locations of the columns in this case,
but JTable does not.

The fix should be simple but apparently the problem is viewed as too obscure to
be worth fixing, or else it has just been forgotten.

I encountered this bug when trying to create a table with alternating row
background colors that fills a window or scroll pane. Just because the window
can be made very wide does not mean that the columns should expand to
arbitrarily large widths.

An example of this kind of table is the iTunes browser view. The column widths
are fixed, but the striped background fills the window no matter how wide it
gets.