Hi Alexander,

I see that you've added the next clarifications to the methods specs:

> draws string/returns width ... using text properties and anti-aliasing hints from the provided component

It still seems too brief and even incorrect for getStringWidth().

For drawString():

For non-printing case I would write:

Sets the anti-aliasing rendering hints to the Graphics object if those are specified in the component properties. Then the string is drawn using the provided Graphics object with the numeric shaper taken into account if it is defined for the component.

Please consider the printing case...

For getStringWidth():

Did not get which anti-aliasing hints it takes into account while there is no Graphics in the params list...
On the contrary, it does not take into account the rendering context.
My suggestion:

Returns string pixel width by the provided font metrics and according to the numeric shaper if it is defined for the component.

--Semyon

For