From: Alexander Scherbatiy
Sent: 20 January 2016 17:04
To: Rajeev Chamyal
Cc: Sergey Bylokhov; Prasanta Sadhukhan; swing-dev@openjdk.java.net
Subject: Re: Review request for JDK-8139213 : Mac OS X Aqua Look and Feel:
JOptionPane can truncate the first button.

On 1/20/2016 8:11 AM, Rajeev Chamyal wrote:

> Hello Alexandr,
>
> Thanks for the review.
>
> Yes, we can call minimumLayoutSize(Container) of parent class but in
> this case also again we need to check if any of the child components
> are setting preferred size and compare it with the default values.
>
> And after this we need to find a delta that needs to be added to the
> minimum size obtained from the parent class.
>
> The current webrev code I feel is much cleaner than getting the size
> from parent class.

     The parent class also includes preffered sizes. It looks like it is
possible to do something like:
     ---------------
     int kButtonLayoutSizeWidth = extraWidth
             + (kOKCancelButtonWidth * numChildren)
             + (numChildren - 1) * padding;
     int kButtonLayoutSizeHeight = extraHeight + kButtonHeight;

     Dimension size = super.minimumLayoutSize(c);
     size.width = Math.max(size.width, kButtonLayoutSizeWidth);
     size.height = Math.max(size.height, kButtonLayoutSizeHeight);

  Thanks,
  Alexandr.