Probably we should enhance ImageProducer/Tk.createImage/ImageFilter to support this functionality? It seems that the number of usage of this check "image instanceof MultiResolutionImage" will grow over time. I think that at least our own API should support MultiResolutionImage w/o such checks, otherwise the user will need to do the same.

cc 2d-dev