On 31.03.16 9:50, Alexandr Scherbatiy wrote:
   Some Swing L&Fs are not public. It is not possible to create them
using reflection now in JDK 9 because of the modularization feature.
   There are use cases when some information should be obtained from a
L&F without its installation
    - check if L&F is supported
    - take some defaults to use it in custom L&F

   The proposed solution adds UIManager.createLookAndFeel(className)
method which allows to create a given L&F without installation.

It is interesting should we allow creation of any L&F or only those which were installed and/or supported? I recall that it was possible to initialize the windows l&f on linux, Will the new method add a possibility to create it? if yes should we support that?

--
Best regards, Sergey.