The mac platform keyboard shortcuts are specific to mac and they work differently as I think we wont be receiving those key strokes at the java program level instead they traverse thro' the platform component level.

It means java program won't be receiving the accessibility shortcut key event at all(With voice over ON) and I verified this by debugging (at dispatchKeyEvent()). Because those key strokes are consumed at the OS level and it knows the current active window and it traverses thro' the top level components of that window(from the accessibility perspective). Since they are consumed at OS level, we can't even fix that problem of internal traversal of the children components from our end.

Thanks and regards,

Shashi