Hi Prasanta,

You mentioned the tool I was using to find the issues with headings...

It's a bit of a hack -- it's an annotation processor that can be run by javac -- but while it is reasonably good at _detecting, it is not good at checking that you have fixed them _correctly_.  This is because it is just checking for some
simple heuristics in the sequence of headings, without any concept of the
semantic meaning of the headings.

As an example, if you had a class comment containing (just) two <h3>
headings, the tool will report that an <h2> is missing. If you fix the first
<h3>, so that the comment now has an <h2> and an <h3>, the tool
will not find any sequencing issues, but that second <h3> will now appear
semantically as a subheading of the <h2>, which was not the original
intent of the comment.  (If we started using <section> as well as <hN>
we would be able to do better, but that's a different story.)

I don't have a good solution, except to say that if you update any heading
in any individual comment, you should (probably) update them all. One script
we could write as a verifier script would be to compare the number of
headings in a modified source file (using `grep -c`) with the number
of edits appearing in the output for `hg diff` for that file (again counted
with `grep -c`).   That would at least make sure you haven't missed any
headings, but you'd still have to eyeball the edits to make sure they
have been modified correctly.

Finally, FWIW, I'm working on a fix for doclint, to improve its reporting
of these issues.  The code is done, but I'm running tests, and will need
a review, so this will likely be early next week.

-- Jon