On Tue, 24 Nov 2020 11:00:42 GMT, Prasanta Sadhukhan <psadhuk...@openjdk.org>
wrote:

>> The bug in the motif was fixed by the JDK-8032219, the code in the
>> BasicSliderUI is never used by the Metal L&F, I tested that code by the
>> commented out the overridden code in the MetalSliderUI.
>
> If the code in BasicSliderUI is not used by Metal L&F, then, all the more
> reason to have the clip setting in MetalSliderUI.paintThumb(), no?
> What about nimbus? Why it is not seen in nimbus l&f?
> I guess only reason I can think of putting the code in BasicL&F is if it's a
> generic issue and it will solve multiple L&F but it seems the issue only
> affects MetalL&F.

I have set the clip in the methods which do not draw the thumb properly - draw
it outside the bounds of the thumb(it is a limitationGraphics). Only three
places were affected, the motif - fixed in JDK-8032219, the old default metal
L&F(steel) fixed in this fix in the MetalIconFactory.java. And the code in the
BasicSliderUI is not executed by the metal but could be triggered by commenting
on some code.