On Fri, 18 Dec 2020 22:41:18 GMT, Sergey Bylokhov <s...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> So why would this API return the wrong colour ?
>> Sounds like we need to re-cap the alternatives and the pros and cons along
>> with some explanation
>> And do it before opening the 16 PR.
>
>> So why would this API return the wrong colour ?
>
> That method used in the last version returns the color which is not the color
> of the tabpane. It is a similar color in some cases, but not always.

So I think we need to hard code the most accurate colour we can and yet somehow
take into account dark mode to the same extent we are doing with other
components.
I can imagine a clever scheme which tries to derive something that is at least
a reasonable contrast - we've done
with GTK3 but at least let's get a fix for what the problem is today.