> This issue occurs only under `MetalLookAndFeel` on Linux.
>
> It was introduced by
> [JDK-8040630](https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8040630) fix.
>
>> component.setBounds(ownerX, ownerY, 1, 1);
>
> This line adds an extra reshape call with `1x1` size right before getting
> another one with correct sizes.
>
> If `MetalToolTipUI#paint()` call happens before getting correct sizes,  it
> calculates `paintTextR` with negative sizes for component with `1x1` size,
> thus IAE is thrown.
>
> The fix is to do not proceed with `paint()` for negative sizes.
> The provided test fails for me in 0-30s interval(before the fix), other
> testing(client-tier1,2,3) looks good.

Alexander Zvegintsev has updated the pull request incrementally with one
additional commit since the last revision:

  Do not fail on UnsupportedLookAndFeelException.

Changes:
  - new: https://git.openjdk.java.net/jdk/pull/2761/files/034425b0..1651de87

Webrevs:
 - full: https://webrevs.openjdk.java.net/?repo=jdk&pr=2761&range=02