On Wed, 11 Aug 2021 09:03:57 GMT, Prasanta Sadhukhan <psadhuk...@openjdk.org>
wrote:

> The test fails in CI testing citing expected "rededited" but found
> "redEDITED", which seems to point to fact that either there is a CAPS_LOCK
> key switched on or some other test did not use SHIFT key corectly  ie,
> pressed but not released.
>
> Considering many more tests would have failed if CAPS_LOCK is turned on, I
> tried to find if some tests uses SHIFT key mistakenly and it seems
> JRadioButton test has press/release order wrong and it uses SHIFT. Rectified
> that.
>
> In addition, corrected some known CI issues ie waiting after frame is made
> visible, made frame to centre. Along with that, also modified testcase to
> check lowercase string. Since the original JDK-4275046 issue is about newly
> entered text is made part of cell or not, it does not matter if it's in
> lowercase/uppercase and if such CAPS_LOCK or Shift key problem happens again,
> this test will not be affected.
>
> CI run for several iterations running these 2 tests one after another in all
> platforms is green.

Someone presses the buttons while the test is executed
    A few tests are executed in parallel(bug in jtreg or mach5?)
    Bug in KVM which generates this button press.
    All of them are more important than the current cleanup, and I suggest
investigating those possibilities on the lab_support+client_team chats

I don't believe any of the scenarios.

As you well know these headful tests will be re-run 2 more times if they fail.

It seems improbable some one was sitting there waiting to jump on the keyboard
and interfere

with the test at the exact moment 3 different times.

And the same for a KVM error.

As for in parallel we'd have hundreds of failures in such a case and we do not
see that

And looking at the test log for when this failed 4 tests in total failed and
they all have similar problems

===

java\awt\SplashScreen\MultiResolutionSplash\MultiResolutionSplashTest.java

Execution failed: `main' threw exception: java.lang.RuntimeException: Focus is
lost! Expected 'ab' got 'AB'.

---

java/awt/Toolkit/RealSync/Test.java

Test failed: testType
[2021-08-10T04:06:59,103Z] Cause: Expected 'a' got 'A'.

----

javax/swing/JFileChooser/8041694/bug8041694.java

java.lang.RuntimeException: The selected directory name is not the expected 'd
' but 'D '.

======

Moreover this test isn't even the first that failed - that was
MultiResolutionSplashTest - so the problem was
already there

So some test left SHIFT pressed. I can imagine a timing problem where a test
was exited before it managed to release.

I am curious how Prasanta decided
test/jdk/javax/swing/JRadioButton/8033699/bug8033699.java might be the problem

It was executed long after these tests were already failing.

So the root cause test is not yet identified.