Hello,
    As a part of our academics, we are developing a
user interface (something similar to Rational Rose)
for drawing UML diagrams.
    This involves providing basic tools for drawing
the elements of all diagrams along with all the
additional features specified by UML.

    This also includes keeping the diagram
semantically correct as per the rules laid down by UML
and performing checks when different elements are
connected to each other.

A suitable format for storing the diagrams is also to
be thought of.

We have decided upon using Java SWING for the project.
We have acquired the basics of SWING.

Could anybody provide us with some suggestions as to
how to attack the problem?
They would be very useful to us.

Regards
Dhanashri Shingavi