dear marcel

On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 13:49, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Has anyone experience with a tool to simulate delays in packet forwarding -
> Especially to simulate high delays as they occur in satellite networks?
> Have anyone already used a free tool based on linux, freebsd, (windows).

check out nist net [1]. it's running on linux as a kernel module. in
it's original version it has some limitations. it can only generate
constant delays or delays of a small random table in the kernel. if
that's not enough and you need to model correct statistical properties
of network traffic such as long-range dependence, then you should take
my extendend version of nist net which works with pregenerated trace
data. i did my master's thesis on "Trace-based network emulation".

if you need further information, please contact me offlist.

[1] http://www-x.antd.nist.gov/nistnet/

--
kind regards,

Thomas Hug