hi jean-pierre

> I just read that Netgear proposes a firmware upgrade for
> their routers to support ADSL2+ and in Germany ISP are
> overbidding themselves with always increasing bandwidths.

lastmile = swisscom, so no overbidding with bandwidths in switzerland.

> Does anyone have reliable information about what swiss
> broadband ISPs plan to offer in the next future?

don't talk about "swiss broadband ISPs". it's only swisscom, who's offering any
service.  the "swiss broadband ISPs" are only resellers of swisscom's service.

as far as i know swisscom never talked about ADSL2+ but used words like SDSL
and maybe VDSL...
so, let us see what the future brings us...

-steven