Neil J. McRae wrote:
Swisscom is not going to do ADSL2+ at all. They want to jump directly to VDSL. Whether this will work out as they think it will remains to be seen. The TV thing didn't go as they expected either. However what I know is that all the 'excessive' bandwidth available with VDSL will only be used for HDTV streaming. So don't hold your breath for 20Mbit Internet surfing.

I doubt it would be VDSL - more likely VDSL2. Which gives
them a very limited footprint. Distances with VDSL2 are very
limited.

E.SHDSL can do 4-7M depending on distance and pair ponding and
IMA - if Swisscom are going into VDSL2 [EFM] then I'd expect
them to do E.SHDSL also.

Regards,
Neil.

It is VDSL2 but since there has been no large scale VDSL deployment in Switzerland not many non technical people are aware of VDSL(1) hence VDSL2 is simply referred to as VDSL.

Thomas