On Thu, 1 Sep 2005, Andre Oppermann wrote:

Is anyone of you running a Cisco with X.21 or V.35 interface in
master mode (the Cisco is supplying the clocking on the line).
Normally the modem (DCE) supplies the line clock to the Cisco.

I'm interested in (production) cases where you had to supply the
clock from the cisco to the other side.

Yes we've used such back2back configurations for a long time
with V.35 and X.21. The availble clockrates depend on the type
of cisco-gear and serial-interface adapter you're using (not
all clockrates shown with a 'config-if# clockrate ?' in cli are
always possible !)

-Patrick