Am Montag, 20. August 2007 14:15 schrieb Josh Geisser:
> Although skype is funny, see online status and have a chat, it's not a real
> phone-solution.
> Someone ever did transcontinental calls? 400ms+ rta?
>
> The good old ISDN is much better :)
>
> And if you dont like fiddeling around with ISDN and swisscom and so on, get
> yourself a good internet connection (0% packetloss :)) and try one of the
> SIP providers near you (like http://e-fon.ch). Some of them having quite
> interesting prices, and if needed, extra-features (like web-based
> pbx-config, iax trunks, etc).

My favourite solution still would be more users using asterisk DUNDI peer to
peer number lookup.
I once had 100Fr./Month free Swisscom calls. So I started announcing the whole
Swiss FixNet ranges. This did work pretty well, many other Asterisk users
made good use of my ISDN lines :-)

If more users with phone flatrates would share their lines via DUNDI, Phone
would become nearly free.

-Benoit-
--
SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM / Hormel's new miracle meat in a can
Tastes fine, saves time. / If you want something grand, / Ask for SPAM!

Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia sh: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/-phobia