* on the Sat, Nov 03, 2007 at 02:00:15PM +0100, Per Jessen wrote:
> I would be interested to know why you find UCEprotect to be unreliable
> and unprofessional?

Because of their delisting-procedure. How many networks will end
up in there which have been sending spam at some time, but don't
ever sent spam since then, because their admins fixed the problem,
or the net got reassigned or whatever? And maybe their admins didn't
even know they're on uceprotect, or the new admins don't know or
whatever?

Every blacklist who does not delete the listings automatically will
end up eventually with a huge mass of "false positives", which
indicates a failure of the system.

With UCEprotect, I estimate about 30% of their entries being
listed are such false positives, and this will of course raise
and raise..

Cheers
Seegras
--
Those who give up essential liberties for temporary safety deserve
neither liberty nor safety. -- Benjamin Franklin