Hi,

> Thank you for clearing this up. So we have to give bluewin-users with
> free bluewin mail-accounts an smtp-account on our servers  I think.

Well, they could call our helpdesk and ask them to disable the
'Restricted IP-Range' feature for a specific mailaccount.

Our helpdesk will disable it as long as:
 #1: The user asks us to do it ;-)
 #2: His postal-address or telephone-number has been verified

> I see the problem, but perhaps something like a captcha would also be
> sufficient to prevent this.

It wouldn't prevent it, it just makes it harder. (Some spammers don't even use
bots to create accounts. Using real people appears to be cheaper sometimes..)

Regards,
 Adrian