hi everybody, hi Oliver

I would suggest an OpenBSD or OpenBSD-based firewall too. We're using
OpenBSD Firewalls (Routing, NAT, "Loadsharing", SSL-VPN, etc) for our
own Web- and Mailhosting platform and for a customer similar to Olivers
description of the project.

Yesterday i switched our Web- and Mailhosting Systems from a commercial
firewall solution (http://www.phion.com/index_en.php) to our new OpenBSD
high available firewall.

I agree with Chris its a lot of work but i also fully agree with Rolf.
Its important to understand what your doing and why things are working
how they are working... :-) Ok this maybe sounds a bit freaky but if you
have the time its always good to know this things.

I built 2-3 similar firewall solutions with OpenBSD before. Its only
copying some configuration files and change the things according to your
needs.

If you want you can get the whole config stuff from me... contact me
off-list if you're interested. Buy some cheep 1HE Pentium / Xeon Servers
 or a Alix / WRAP board (www.pcengines.ch)

Greets
 Marco