Hoi,

Does anyone have any direct experience with this WIC with any GSM provider's
(Sunrise, Orange, Swisscom et al.) in Switzerland?

I want to use this card as dial-backup to a WAN connection (Serial, DSL
etc). So far I have it working with Sunrise and Orange depending on the
(APN) Access Point Name and Profile.

However, none of the APN provisioned by the GSM Providers'/ available for
their SIM's feature what I really require. Those being:

1. Publically assigned IP

2. Static IP (Dynamic will work too - intend to create a DMVPN tunnel to
backhaul one providers' IP range over the GSM providers' IP network and
DMVPN will do this even where the "spoke" or GSM interface is dynamically
assigned)

3. No NAT/PAT in the GSM provider's network (i.e. some APN assign a private
IP to the GSM interface and NAT this at the edge of the GSM provider's
network)

4. Permit ALL IP protocols (NO firewalling along the path - some GSM
provider's permit only http, ftp etc)

Sunrise and Orange support similar options but not all. Does anyone know if
Swisscom or another provider might offer an APN product that accommodates
all requirements as a solution?

This cisco WIC only came out last year so info is relatively thin on the
ground. The configuration is trivial but the hard part is finding a GSM
Provider that will treat this as a viable backup solution for business' and
not just a cut down version/ poor man's IP connectivity for mobile phones.

Any ideas, tips or tricks welcomed.

Thanks,

Chris Gravell