Hi SwiNOGers,

We've the problem that sunrise is advertising our prefixes from our
backup provider instead of the ones from our primary. This is most
likely because our backup provider is a downstream customer from sunrise.

Our prefixes then get advertised to level3 (and other sunrise upstream
peers). Sunrise seems to be level3 downstream customer and prefer our
prefixes from sunrise instead of our primary provider, too. The
consequence is that most other ISPs are seeing only our prefixes over
sunrise and our backup provider.

Sunrise changed their as-communities recently so that's no longer
possible for our backup provider to influence their local-pref.

I think this might be a common problem in primary / backup BGP
scenarios. Any ideas how to solve it?

Maybe someone from sunrise can contact me off-list?

Thanks and best regards
 Marco