On 26/02/2009 2:32, "ro...@mgz.ch" <ro...@mgz.ch> wrote:

[...]

>> can invent a 'made for the new internet' sticker that
>> all of the CPE will want to carry on their packaging, and the CPE
>> problem will eventually go away.
>>
>> ...... In my opinion. :-)

[...]

> very good idea ..  "supports the new internet" sticker

Just labelling things as "new" doesn't mean they'll sell. People will want
to know what what "new" features they'll get on the "new" Internet. Will it
be faster? Will there be new content? With DOCSIS 3.0 there is the promise
of faster connections, which may well be a selling point to consumers. I am
not sure what IPv6 feature will sell a product to an ordinary consumer. I
don't think the new features are easy to convey in a sound-bite or a
sticker.

That doesn't mean that they aren't valuable, just that they aren't easy to
market. And that's why the way DOCSIS 3.0 bundles IPv6 in with a whole bunch
of features attractive to ordinary consumers is so good.

Regards,

Leo