On 29.03.2009 23:36 Frederic Gargula wrote

> Arnold Nipper wrote:
>> On 26.03.2009 14:37 Pascal Gloor wrote
>>
>>> If you feel offended by the description above or think its rude,
>>> don't be, no, really, we're just trying to find some place for people
>>> who should be able to join the meeting.
>>>
>> Easiest would be to go for a bigger location :-)
>>

> I do not agree. I think the better would be to filter a bit more the
> participants.
> That's a NOG (Network Operators Group), intended to make the people
> running the Internet in Switzerland meet approx. twice per year.
>
> Since a few times, we see a lot of people who do not operate a network.
> Salesguys are just an example of what could/should be filtered..

Quoting the charter (http://www.swinog.ch/charter/index.asp)

" ... SwiNOG is aimed at technical personnel working for Service
Providers active in Switzerland, but it is open to anyone interested in
furthering the SwiNOG goals. ..."

Imho "filter a bit" and "open to anyone interested" only works if your
filter is "permit all" :_)

Best regards,
Arnold
--
Arnold Nipper / nIPper consulting, Sandhausen, Germany
email: arn...@nipper.de       phone: +49 6224 9259 299