I perfer to do the "Unison" way. I have some identical sites, that
people are uploading web stuff to it. when one server get's updated,
they will just keep the files updated

http://www.cis.upenn.edu/~bcpierce/unison/

is deprecated, and will be replaced by harmony, but right now serves
it's purpose.

for other stuff I sometimes use either iSCSI (Target=Solaris, love it)
with oracleFS on it or I just do DRBD and read and write to a small
shared network drive by just "tar" into it ;)

this could be a idea for a talk at the next Swinog meeting, is there
an interest? I could present a bit about it...

lg
silvan