Von: swinog-boun...@lists.swinog.ch [mailto:swinog-boun...@lists.swinog.ch] Im
Auftrag von Bernd SPIESS
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 17. September 2009 11:43
An: 'Patrick Studer'; 'Pascal Gloor'
Cc: 'swinog@lists.swinog.ch'
Betreff: Re: [swinog] Full BGP Routing Router Requirements

see here:
http://www.cisco.com/web/partners/downloads/765/tools/quickreference/routerperformance.pdf

3725 = 179 mbit
3745 = 256 mbit

(best case calculated with 64 byte paket size)

you have to basicaly decide if you want a cpu driven box (28*, 38*, NPE-G1/G2)
or a hardware
driven box (sup32, sup720, c-120**)
in the first case you have to primary look for the cpu performance - in the
second case you have to
look primary for hardware prefix puffer (256.000 prefixes versus 1 mio)

lg
bernd