On 2009-10-13 13:18, Patrick Studer wrote:
> Hi Bernd
>
> My question was, if the memory is enough. I know, that you wrote, that
> for ddos problem, this solution isn't recommended. But I only want to know,
> if 512 MB is enough to hold two full routing tables and some prefixes from
> swiss-ix. The router will only run bgp and some acl. Also, we will implement
> some QoS.

The 512MB will be enough with correctly choosen IOS (12.2S or 12.4),
and without soft-config for two full BGP feeds. As for "little" QoS
on NPE400 I'd be very careful to focus on "little" depending on the
links bandwidth.

--
"Everything will be okay in the end. |                  Łukasz Bromirski
  If it's not okay, it's not the end. |       http://lukasz.bromirski.net