On 2010-11-19 16:51, Matthias Hertzog wrote:
> Hi Jeroen
>
> I know about the sad Port-25 story, but that does not seem the point
> hier.

Thought so, but always something to keep in the back of our minds.

> The cases look like this:
>
> u...@domainhostedatmhs is sending a mail to our mhs mail relays to
> normalu...@bluewin.ch.
> This works as expected.
>
> Our mailserver then forwards the mail to the MX hosts for @bluewin.ch
> domain. This works too, (no reject on smtp level) but the mail never
> appears in the inbox at normalu...@bluewin.ch OR it appears, but without
> attachments.
>
> Our sending ip at mhs is 213.188.32.73.

The only thing I can think of is a mailcorruption on the mailplatform of
bluewin in that case; especially when you get no errors back from their
SMTP server. Only people who will be able to debug this thus is the
Bluewin folks, I hope they have a disk-space full warning on their
platform and are able to properly check where things go wrong....

Only thing that comes to my mind now is: are you reading the bluewin
account with their webif or over POP3/IMAP/whatever?

Might be that a certain MIME structure is not properly parsed in the
cases that there are missing attachments. Of course the mails which go
missing altogether indicate a bigger issue at hand, seems Swisscom is
having quite some issues lately... (3G down, etc)

Greets,
 Jeroen