-----Original Message-----
From: Guillaume Leclanche <guilla...@leclanche.net>
To: swinog <swi...@swinog.ch>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2010 00:27:13 +0100
Subject: [swinog] IPv4 already exhausted at IANA ?

Hi Guillaume,

> I noticed on this list no special reaction to the fact that IANA has
> only 7*/8 left after the allocations on Nov. 30th. So I thought I'd
> start a thread to share my thoughts on the fact that IPv4 is in
> reality _already_ exhausted at IANA.

yes, this is quite true, as the counter indicate March 1st as the deadline.

http://www.wari.net/ipv4exh.htm

But we're working on Ipv6 from 10 years, previewing this moment. If operators
are not ready yet, this is not because
nobody had care of it. In other words, I'm not seeing anything strange in the
fact that IPv4 are in effect finished. If
NRO decided to distribute last /8s in such way, or in another, doesn't matter.
The fact is that the D-day is near us and
we cannot continue to surprise ourselves every time if this happens.

Thanks Fredy for his presentation (I saw it twice this year :D) and for
bringing IPv6 to Internet Citizens.

Manfredo

Si precisa che le informazioni contenute in questo messaggio sono riservate e
ad uso esclusivo del destinatario. Qualora il presente messaggio Le fosse
pervenuto per errore, La invitiamo ad eliminarlo senza copiarlo ed a non
inoltrarlo a terzi, dandocene gentilmente comunicazione. Grazie.

You are hereby informed that this message contains confidential informations
intended for the addressee's use only. If yu're not the addressee and have
received this message by mistake, please delete it and immediately notify us.
You may not copy or disseminate this message to anyone. Thank you.