Jeroen, as I'm doing my v6 on a router behind the bridge, I really don't care about what feature as the bridge, beside bridging ;)

Roger, I'm quite fan of pcengines already, however they don't do the interconnection with the incombent (isp) supporting *dsl interaction. I'm really interested on the device at the front of it.

W.

On 2/1/11 8:23 PM, Roger Blum wrote:
Hi Will

On 01.02.2011, at 16:44, Jeroen Massar wrote:
On 2011-02-01 15:29, Will van Gulik wrote:
Heya people,

Currently maintaining many customers network offices with ADSLs
connections, generaly bridging the router on site and doing all my
routing on a *nix box.

In this design, I'm looking for some efficient, low price, reliable
hardware that would do only the bridge work.
The Netopia VDSL[1] thingies that Swisscom gives along with the VDSL
offer works like a charm over here. I just disabled the wireless on it
(as I could not manage it and hey, that is not the way to do it) and put
it into bridge mode and indeed have a Linux box behind it for IPv4 NAT
and IPv6 tunneling, nice clean 1480 path to the PoP ;)

Otherwise you might want to look at the new AVM 7570 box, that one can
even do IPv6 (with some quirks like no static routing yet but it does
work ;) even supports TIC+heartbeat.

For that matter, just cut down the list to everything that does support
IPv6 and skip the rest as that is then not a good investment.

[1] http://www.netopia.com/equipment/products/miavo/index.html
I can recommend hardware from PC Engines [2] on where you can run different
operating systems on a CompactFlash card. There are also a few naked os
(Debian, CentOS) images or prepared router/firewall images linked on the site,
such as m0n0wall [3] or pfSense [4].

[2] http://www.pcengines.ch/
[3] http://m0n0.ch/wall/
[4] http://www.pfsense.org/