On 2011-Jun-06 16:03, Guillaume Leclanche wrote:
> 2011/6/6 Jeroen Massar <jer...@unfix.org>:
>>>
>>> Jeroen, I tought you were a lover of Unique Local Addresses, what
>>> happened to you ? :)
>>
>> And why would I be that?
>
> Well let's say that was a reference to the work done by sixxs with the
> ULA repository.

Providing a means for letting people solve a problem they think there
might be does not imply any kind of love or even recommendation.

And to make that clearer: folks should get a statically allocated prefix
out of the PA block from their provider, or if they care enough to setup
proper routing etc get a PI prefix from a RIR.

> But in the end my point was that ULA, not NAT66 is the answer to this
> situation (decoupling public from "private"). I did not understand why
> you mentionned NAT66 then.

ULA would still require NAT66 if you want those hosts to be able to
communicate to the outside, unless of course you want to firewall your
internal machines based on the global prefix and update those firewall
rules and all other dependencies all the time when your prefix
changes... (the prefix change is why I mention NAT66 as renumbering is
not funny, anywhere).

Greets,
 Jeroen