Von: Mathias Seiler [mailto:mathias.sei...@mironet.ch]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 14. Juli 2011 17:24
An: Patrick Studer
Cc: 'swi...@swinog.ch'
Betreff: Re: [swinog] Recommanded IOS Package for 7206VXR + NPE400 to do
IPv6/BGP + AS Number 4-byte

Hi Patrick

I've seen 2921 doing 150 Mbit/s mixed HTTP traffic (without many services
configured and with about 50% CPU load). And yes, with the new IOS version 15
you can run full BGP and IPv6 BGP with the IP Base Feature Set. I can confirm
this. Also OSPFv3 is working in IP Base.

Since this is a software router it depends very much what services you
configure (rpf checks etc.). Also if you get DoSed the box won't last for long.
But they're pretty powerful if you consider the price. You can get it with 1.5
or 1 GBytes factory upgraded memory, 512 MB should work too, but IMHO not for
long :)

If you want to go a step higher consider a pair of ASR1001, but the price gap
from the 2921 or even 2951 is fairly large.

HTH
- Mathias

On 14 Jul 2011, at 16:52, Patrick Studer wrote:

> Hi
>
> @Manfredo/Daniele - Hmm..Already thought about perhaps switching to
> one of this routers. Is a 2921 really taking all (Full IPv4/IPv6 Features
> incl. all BGP, ASN 4-bytes) just with the regular IP Base = Part-No.
> CISCO2921/K9?
> What can we expect as maximum traffic for this configuration?
>
> @Andy/Michael - Would the SP not be sufficient. Or why should we use Advanced
> IP or Advanced Enterprise service?
>
> @Kurt - What are the hardware specification of your setup for you
> Quagga? Is Quagga able to do HSRP or something similar? How much bandwidth do
> you handle with that configuration?
>
> @All, is enabling of IPv6 taking that much memory, so 512 MB with two
> full feed and some SwissIX peering would be enough?
>
> Thanks already for your pervious answers.
>
> Kind Regards
>
> Patrick

Mathias Seiler

MiroNet GmbH, Strassburgerallee 86, CH-4055 Basel T +41 61 201 30 90, F +41 61
201 30 99

mathias.sei...@mironet.ch
www.mironet.ch